Monday, July 1, 2013

Contemporary Photography

I am always trying to better my photography. Lately, I have been toying with "bent pixels". Or, like I prefer to call them "twisted pixels".

It's my plunge into contemporary art photography. Taking ordinary photos and literally distorting them.

The first photo is "Begonia in Vase".  Even without bending the pixels it is a wonderful still life.

The second photo is of a mural in downtown Vancouver, Washington of a Russian Aviator who visited in 1937 and made a gesture for peace between his country and the USA.

The third is a flower in my yard and the fourth is a vintage Porsche.

The final, is photographing looking up a wall in the Vancouver Library.

(After reviewing the photos, please check out the bottom of the page for suggestions on further reading about Contemporary Photography)

Contemporary Photography


Contemporary Photography

Contemporary Art Photography

Contemporary Photography

Abstract Photographers
Please help support my blog by checking out these recommended books on contemporary photography through Amazon: (If you purchase a product I receive a small commission)

1) Auto Focus: The Self-Portrait in Contemporary Photography

2) Art Photography Now (Second Edition)

3) Photography After Conceptual Art

Also, if you are an art lover, (you are, aren't you?) the following link to Art.com is a very cool thing to check out: Purchase Limited Editions Art Prints at Art.com


All Rights Reserved My Oregon Photography Blog, Thom Zehrfeld, Copyrighted 2013-2014. Also, please see bottom of page for Product Disclosure and Privacy Disclosure! Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment