Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Vintage Classic Cars-1929 Packard Phaeton

This post features just the 1929 Packard Phaeton on display at the Western Antique Aeroplane and Automotive Museum in Hood River, Oregon (WAAAM).

For me, and I admit to having a lot of favorites, one of the highlights of the WAAAM tour was a 1929 Packard Phaeton.

In general, Packard made a first-class automobile. Maybe their shortcoming, and why they went out of business was, that they made them too well. They couldn't compete in a world where at one time others were producing "planned obsolescence".

I'm old enough to remember the last of the Packards. My uncle was a dealer and I got to ride in his. It was a fine automobile...much better built than most domestic cars of the era.

Recommended reading on Vintage Automobiles from Amazon...Car: The Definitive Visual History of the Automobile - DKPublishing

"Ask the Man Who Owns One": An Illustrated History of Packard Advertising – A. Einstein


1929 Packard Phaeton

1929 Packard Phaeton

1929 Packard Phaeton


Please help support my blog by checking out the recommended products on the posts. Thank you!




My photography can be purchased in many different forms: prints, notecards, posters (See Below!)







All Rights Reserved My Oregon Photography Blog, Thom Zehrfeld, Copyrighted 2013-2014. Also, please see bottom of page for Product Disclosure and Privacy Disclosure! Thank You!