Monday, April 7, 2014

Weaverville CA

On our trip from Oregon to Northern California, we cut over from Highway 101 to Weaverville...an old gold mining town that was very prosperous during the California Gold Rush Days.

It sort of a oasis as you trek inland through the Klamath Mountains, from the Eureka area to Redland. 

It's a pleasant place to visit and, is a National Historical Site. It is pristine town with a population of about 4,000 folks.  

The "Old West" setting is very prominent. I know I didn't do the town justice with the photographs I took but, we were a little pressed for time.

Weaverville CA

Weaverville CA

Weaverville CA

Weaverville CA

Weaverville CA

Weaverville CA

Weaverville CA

Weaverville CA

If you like what you see on my blog, please help support it by going to my Fine Art America Photography site to check out my photography. It can be purchased in a variety of print formats, greeting cards and custom phone cases!  (See Shopping Cart, Left Sidebar or, Widget Below)

 

All Rights Reserved My Oregon Photography Blog, Thom Zehrfeld, Copyrighted 2014-2015. Also, please see bottom of page for Product Disclosure and Privacy Disclosure! Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment