Friday, July 15, 2016


We see them everyday but most folks don't know what to call them...those things that look like some type of a bracket holding up a ledge that goes under windows of old buildings. They are called "corbels"!

Corbels can be traced back to the Stone Age. They can be made out of wood, stone, metal.

They come in all sizes shapes and artistic forms...think gargoyles! In the image below there are all different designs, on and around the table.

The setting here is inside an architectural salvage yard. It is probably one of the largest of its kind in the country.

The image has been converted to a digital painting that I hope you enjoy. If you would like to explore this image, or others, please see link below image!

Corbels (LINK)

All Rights Reserved My Oregon Photography Blog, Thom Zehrfeld, Copyrighted 2016-2017. Also, please see bottom of page for Product Disclosure and Privacy Disclosure! Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment